CLGE membership is divided into two categories: Principal members and Observers. CLGE can award individuals with Honorary Membership.
Levels of Membership
- Association or National Liaison Group that represents the majority of the geodetic surveying profession in any European country
- Only one membership per state is permitted
- Have one vote at General Assemblies cast by their leading delegate.
- Observer status is permitted from any European country, normally during the application procedure
- The General Assembly may bestow observer status on:
- associations representing a group of geodetic surveyors, or
- an individual geodetic surveyor, or
- European Institutions.
- Observers may attend a General Assembly meeting but they do not have a vote.
- Honorary membership is awarded to an individual to acknowledge exceptional service to CLGE
- Honorary Membership is awarded by the General Assembly following a recommendation from the Executive Board.