CLGE membership comprises two categories: Principal Members and Observing Members. CLGE can also award individuals with Honorary Membership.
As at October 2019 CLGE has 38 Principal Members and three Observing Members.
Levels of Membership
- Association or National Liaison Group that represents the majority of the geodetic surveying profession in any European country
- Only one membership per state is permitted
- Have one vote at General Assemblies cast by their leading delegate
- Observer status is permitted from any European country, normally during the application procedure
- The General Assembly may bestow observer status on:
- associations representing a group of geodetic surveyors, or
- an individual geodetic surveyor, or
- European Institutions
- Observers may attend a General Assembly meeting but they do not have a vote.
- Honorary membership is awarded to an individual to acknowledge exceptional service to CLGE
- Honorary Membership is awarded by the General Assembly following a recommendation from the Executive Board.